The My Body Signals Book is an A5 workbook to build interoceptive awareness for children or students. It is designed to be completed with the support of an adult.
- Interoception is our 8th sense and the missing key as to why many children may cognitively understand concepts and strategies but are unable to implement or access them in the moment when needed.
- It helps them learn to recognise, identify and document their body signals and connect them to things they are feeling (I.e. cold, hot, thirsty, hungry, tired, need to urinate, etc) or feelings (I.e. happy, sad, frustrated etc.).
- The My Body Signals Book is written in a simple social story(ish) format with colourful and engaging images. It is written to the child or student for those readers who are more independent.
- For those children who require more support, the adult can read the text and provide more direction with assisting the child or student to identify their body signals.
- This workbook supports children in developing their understanding of their interoceptive sense (the sense that helps us recognise what is going in in side our bodies).
- The A5 size of their personalised body signals book is designed to be easy for them to carry in their school bag (or in your purse) and perfect to travel along with them to school, therapies, camps, sleep overs etc. to support the adults supporting them understand and quickly access the information to meet their needs.
- The My Body Signals Interceptive Awareness Book is their personalised reference book of their body signals and is great to be referred back to over and over again.